Friday, August 14, 2020

I'M BACK! Friday August 14, 2020

Good Friday Morning Friends!
Seems I stop and start more than anyone I've been on Blogger.  I hope someone has stayed with me and still watching for my posts.  If not, I'll be starting at square one!  LOL  God is so Good, and that is what is in my heart right now.

My 2 daughters have been clearing our my 87 year old aunt's 2 story house that has needed a helping hand for many years now.  She just could keep up with things, so has now moved into a beautiful new Senior Citizen's high-rise apartment!  All completely new, and very large for these type of apartments.  But clearing out the house and getting ready for an estate sale next weekend has been daunting to say the least.  Don and I have been able to help some.  My main part has been sitting with my aunt and encouraging her to go a little faster through mounds and mounds of paper work, books and pictures.  

I am so motivated to keep my house clear of excess clutter.  If we use it that is great, but if we don't, and have to much of something, time to donate and share, or simply throw away.  A good rule of thumb is to pick 10 items a day and just get rid of them.  Today I've thrown away 4 very nice video games that are not supported now by our new technology.  Nice video games but useless.  I have an old baby stroller, some books, a child's rocker and a few other miscellaneous things going out the door.  Oh it feels so good!

I'm doing pretty well during this Covid mess.  Because I'm such an introvert it hasn't been near as hard on me as my extravert family and friends.  I do feel deeply for all those getting their lives knocked out from underneath them.  Now that school is starting on-line of course for my 8 grandchild, I see how badly they want to go to school and be with their friends.  My oldest granddaughter will be a Senior this year, and I just pray she can have a graduation next Spring, unlike so many in the class of 2020 didn't get to have.  My granddaughter's cousin was even the Valedictorian of her 2020 and didn't get to have a graduation.

Hope you all are doing well!  God is Good!
Cathy

2 comments:

BG said...

Hi Cathy,

So glad to see this pop us in my email. Lots of work for all of you, but a much nicer thing for your aunt. Your girls are always so helpful, as well as the grandkids.

I hope also that your oldest granddaughter will be able to have a special senior year and so sad about her cousin.

Glad you all are well. Good to see you on here again.

MY MUSINGS said...

Thank you BG! Lots of work today at Aunt Mary's but well worth it! Hugs xoxo