Thursday, June 23, 2022

Back After A Long Time - Happy To Be Back

 Hi Friends,

I am back to try to write to you and say Hi on a regular basis.  I get so caught up in You Tube and such that I forget to be more creative myself.  Has that ever happened to you?  

Hubby Don and I are doing good, or at least as well as can be expected with life's up and downs, but we are always moving forward, and happy and blessed.  

Jan 1, 2022 I was diagnosed with the dreaded Covid, and it took me until the middle of March to get back to any kind of strength and normal living.  In December 2021 I had my very bad cataract removed, and was left with weird 3-D vision for months.  My brain had seen out of my two eyes so differently for so long that it took a while for my brain to register the eyes together again.  Then the dreaded Covid.  From there I've been diagnosed with several conditions, and one was osteoarthritis.  I have to find ways to adjust to feeling not so great and still find enjoyment in life.

In the next day or so I should be receiving my new mobility scooter so I can go to Kings Island with our seasons passes more regularly again, and whatever else our family does together out where I don't have the stamina to walk the distance.  That is such a blessing.

My passions for projects has been next to nothing, but I am feeling the desire to start doing some free form crochet again, and to finish some sweaters I've started.  I want to go to the library and look up some artists I'm interested in.  I am also working on a bible study from our church on Deutronomy 6 which I'm enjoying even if it makes me think a little hard.

My one passion that never slows down is the passion to pray for others.  They can be people I know, people I hear about that need God's Hand in their situations, or even news blurbs I read about.  I have a prayer group in my phone text where we pray daily for different needs, and wow, The LORD has sure answered loads of prayers, and met needs!  It is awesome to watch what He will do next!

I'll add some pictures taken recently, or ones I want to share!  

My first granddaughter is getting married on Sunday!  We are so excited for her and Adam's new life together.  Young love is the best, and they both have good jobs, and gotten a brand new apartment just built.  They are doing great!

Happy Heavenly Father's Day to my Dad!
He was an avid motorcyclist!
Many fond memories of his motorcycles~

Two of my grandchildren.
Love this picture because it reminds me of the 1930's!




Don is doing well with his plants this year that weren't eaten by rabbits.
Those silly rabbits!

Our local hospital had this amazing work of art!  It is made out of different cut objects and wood.



Me/Cathy

My son Ryan took this picture over his house.

This sweet gal visits my heart daughter's back yard.

I have so much more pictures, but will save some for next post!  :)  
Hope you are doing well.  I would LOVE to hear from you and your thoughts on anything! 
Love,
Cathy







5 comments:

Sherry/ChiaChatter said...

It was so good to see your post come across my feed today! What kind of scooter are you getting? It will be great to be able to get out and do more of the things you enjoy again! I will eagerly be watching my feed for more posts, I do try to get to the YouTube also but can't always do that, as you know...but however we connect, I love that one way or another we still can❣️❣️❣️

Chris H said...

Lovely to see you back. Nice photos!

MY MUSINGS said...

Thank you, Chris~ I really need to get back this time. Lots has happened this summer since I wrote that. I need the same discipline you have for blogging. I love your blog!!!

MY MUSINGS said...

Thank you, Sherry! I appreciate you and I'm sorry I've let things and times get away again! Love and hugs~

betty-NZ said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging and things are better for you and yours. I know how easy it can be to get sidetracked.
Thanks for stopping by :)