Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Morning Thoughts

I woke up this morning with my usual thought and that is what am I passionate about? What is it that I love? Of course this does not include my family and friends, but more what takes up my time, my interest and what I want to spend my time doing.

I used to like doing a lot of needlework and that type of thing but a few years ago I lost interest in all of it. I used to love getting up and studying the Bible and making notes and writing out my thoughts and I guess I still do but I don't do it. I'm just a little concerned that if I don't get started working on something my time on this Earth is just going to pass and I won't have accomplished anything in these last years.  

When I talk to some people they have so many interests, and I think what are mine, why don't I have any. This morning I was thinking I have to pick something and go after it with all my heart as unto the Lord. So why not pick the Lord? I need to get back to studying the scriptures because when I do I see the Lord more clearly and I hear him explain to me many things that he's written in his word.

So this morning I'm laying all this at the foot of the cross and just asking the Lord to allow me to draw closer to him. We can draw close to so many things of interest in this world, but this life and this world only last for a short time  and I know in my heart it's what we do for him that last for eternity.

My mother-in-law passed away the 2nd of February, and the news keeps writing about the actor Luke Perry that just died of a stroke at the age of 52. I will be 64 this year and each day should be lived as the most precious gift I have ever been given. When it is my time to leave this earth what will I have left behind? I want to say I've left behind loving memories in people's hearts and I've left behind love that is eternal. I believe true love comes from Christ alone and he gave us the example of laying down our life for others.

I probably have a lot more to say but since it's only 6:23am I will go ahead and post this for now and get to my studying.  Hope to write more later on what I'm reading and gleaning~


2 comments:

MY MUSINGS said...

https://renewingyourmind.org/2019/03/06/redemption-applied

MY MUSINGS said...

I really enjoyed Dr. R.C.Sproul's teaching Renewing Your Mind