Sunday, April 22, 2018

Hello Friends,

Don and I are doing well.  The main news is that he has this coming week of work and then will be retired!!  Wow!  I cannot believe it!  We have thought about this time almost since we first got married.  Then we would dream of retiring when we were old, sitting on a front porch and with him carving wood and me quilting.  He gave up carving for doing stain glass and I have given up quilting for - still to be determined!  Life has a way of changing our interests I guess.  I was doing art, but haven't decided if I'll keep doing that.  Maybe I should clean my house!  That would be a good Spring project.  Deep cleaning is what I'm talking about.  Windows and shades, oven and refrigerator, etc.  We shall see.

I have an IPad now!  Yes, this is a big deal because I do not have a smart phone, and could not take pictures and down load as well, or videos and other apps you do on these devices.  I must say, I love it!  My family and I keep in touch now with a new app call Marco Polo.  If you have someone you want to keep in touch with by little instant videos this is a good one to use.  Now we can see what each other are doing right away and we can share info or chat and then watch when it is convenient to do so.

Recently I have been going to church on Sunday mornings more faithfully and going to a Sunday School class which I love immensely!  Don and I have never really gotten to go to SS together much because he is usually warming up in the Praise Band during that time.  But we are going now, and he just leaves class about 15 minutes early.  The class is taught by our pastor and he does a great job.  There are hand outs weekly which I also love and lots of Scriptures to work on during the week.  This is really motivating me to get back into the Word!  I have also started back with a women's Bible study group I had attended a few years ago, and dropped out because I go to my aunt's every other Monday.  But the ladies have missed me as I have missed them, and invited me to just come every other Monday when I can.  It feels like the LORD is opening up some much needed doors.

Don and I are planning on some low cost things to do around our area after he retires.  He has worked and lived on 3rd shift for the past 8 years, and before that was so busy with his past employments there was little time for us to ever do anything together.  So, now that we are OLD, we hope to enjoy some time together with friends, family and ourselves.  LOL  Old!  I don't feel old!  My grandmother when she was about 65 or so, said, "You might see an old woman, but I am telling you I am only 16 years old inside."  I thought she was nuts because she WAS OLD!!  Oh times, they are a changing!

Hope to post pictures more often, and get back to enjoying writing here in this blog!  Love you all, and hope all is going well in your life!

Cathy

2 comments:

BG said...

Oh now lovely this is. I was so excited to see this and as I'm talking with my sister on the phone, I read her your blog post. It's a great way to catch up to find out what is going on. So excited for you guys for the retirement and anxious to learn more about your Bible studies. Sounds like a good season of life! <3

Unknown said...

I hope you get to do many of the new things you and Don want to do. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do as my hobby. I have tried hooking a rug but don't like that any more. I don't mind crocheting, sewing clothing and coloring. But my most favorite thing to do is cook. Happy Retirement to Don!