Monday, April 23, 2018

Today was a good day!  Still waiting for a nice warm, sunny Spring day.  It was rainy and chilly.

My two girls and youngest granddaughter Megan went to Aunt Mary's for our every other Monday lunch together.  Aunt Mary loves to cook, but today she surprised us with going out for pizza.  I had my little Kendell with me and didn't want to leave her in the car so she went in with us, along with her little bed and 'fox' blanket in the bed.  She was on the bench between Megan and Joan and no one said a thing.  She is only 7 pounds and very well behaved.  It was a nice lunch.

While we were there a friend of the girls that I hadn't seen in about 20 years was in for lunch also.  The girls were chatting with her, and I didn't recognize her.  I asked her if I'd ever met her before, and was so surprised to find out she was their friend from the church they grew up in.  She had spent lots of time with us, but I still didn't know her.  It was very nice seeing her again~  Her son is graduating from high school next month!  Wow....am I getting old!  LOL

After going back to my aunt's house, we played Rummy which is one of my favorite card games.  Then it was time to come home.

Today was suppose to be the day I started my clean eating, and that didn't happen!  I must learn to not let "special" events throw me off.  I'm hoping to take off some weight, but also to maybe improve my health for my next quarterly blood work I get done.  Tomorrow is the new starting day!

I enjoyed reading some Scripture this morning at the dining room table.  I was reading 1 Corinthians 12.  I like this verse:
1 Cor 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
KJV
We are all different but still part of one Body in Christ!

How was your day today?  Hope it was nice!
Till tomorrow!
Cathy

2 comments:

BG said...

Hi Cathy, it sounds like another lovely day. I can hear you guys sitting around chatting and having fun. Bud started the Keto plan and encouraged us to look at it.

We have had a fairly good day. So glad to be here again. It feels like being with you some.

Unknown said...

So great to be reading your musings again. Makes me feel closer to you and your family. I'm happy you have the iPad. It's nice to see people from years ago. It's no fun when you can't remember or place their face or name. My day was busy and tiring but I'm happy to be out and doing things.