Thursday, January 2, 2020

Broken Recliner and Joan's Birthday

December 29, 2019

My husband Don fixed his broken recliner tonight.  I am very impressed!  Yesterday without moving anything on the recliner, the foot rest just broke.  When it just broke it made this loud popping noise.  Today when he finally turned the chair on its side, he saw that not only had one bolt been broken in two, but one bolt on each side of the foot rest had broken off.  Plus one of the side springs had separated by about 3 inches.  For me, this chair would have been shot completely!  But Don fixed it and it works great now!  I am so impressed and amazed!  Where there is a will there is a way!  And besides, Don has some talent!


Happy Birthday to my youngest daughter Joan!!!  She was 38 years young yesterday!!!! I love you Joan Marie!!! 

We had a family birthday party yesterday and everyone was able to come!  It was lots of fun, and the food turned out well.  Joan had asked for a salad with bacon and artichokes, and I added more salad fixings.  I also made 2 shepherd pies, one keto with cauliflower mash and one with mashed potatoes.  There were also chips and salsa. 

Katiegrace, Gwynnie, Claire and Annie made two chocolate cakes with white icing and the other with chocolate icing.  I think that is so awesome that the girls wanted to make their mom and aunt Joan her birthday cake!
**********************************************************************************