Thursday, January 2, 2020

Prayer and Starting my JOB study - Job 1 and 2


January 2, 2020 – Thursday

Good Morning LORD!  What a great way to start the day off with in prayer and meditation to my dear LORD and Savior!  LORD, thank you for a good night’s sleep and for life today.  I prayed LORD for the US Embassy in Iraq,, Sonja and Patti’s trip to SC today, the massive fires in Australia, for Prisoners around the world that trust in Your Name as their Savior, for the spirit of murder over this country and over the world and for Your Will to be done in my life~ 

Heavenly Father, I pray for health over Joan’s family and for Cherish’s stomach ulcers to be healed.  LORD, this is Your Day, the Day you have made, and I will rejoice in it and share your Name whenever I have an opportunity.  LORD Jesus, I thank you for all things that you allow in my life, and ask that you receive all honor and glory in each situation!

Thank you for a new year, 2020!  You are the author of time, and you give each one of us our allotted life time in which we can come to you with our hearts, minds, soul and spirit and worship you and lay everything at your feet!  Hallelujah!  Amen!


Today I will be reading in Job.  I am finishing up some Bible notes on Job and then starting to read and asking the LORD to give me insight by His Holy Spirit into what He wants me to know and see in the story of Job.  I want to know more about “Do Not Look Back” regarding Job.  Thank you Jesus for this Word you gave me.

JOB 1 – Job was a righteous man who was over his household spiritually.  He wanted to protect them against sinning against God.  One day when the sons of God were presenting themselves before the LORD, Satan was among them.  He had been going through the earth.  The LORD wanted to know if Satan had noticed Job, an upright man.  God gave Satan permission to touch all that Job had except his very life.  Satan did all he could to destroy Job, but did not touch his life.   Job faced great loss of his family, his servants and all his property and livestock.  Yet in all this Job did not sin against the LORD or charge the LORD foolishly, but said, “The LORD gives and the LORD takes away.  Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

My thoughts:  All I have does not belong to me belongs to the LORD.  Satan cannot do anything against anything I am loaned by God, without God’s permission.  I am to simply continue to worship the LORD no matter what happens in my life.  My life is not my own, but belongs to God, who gives and takes and will receive all honor and glory for it.  I am not to fear what Satan can take from me, but to simply keep trusting the LORD with all He has given me.  My life alone is His to protect.  My responsibility is to do the best I can with all that He has given me, including my family, wealth and property.

JOB 2 – After all that had happened to Job and all the loss he suffered, there was another gathering of the sons of God who presented themselves before Him, and Satan came among them to present himself before God.  Yet again, it was the LORD that asked Satan where he had been, and asked him if he had considered His servant Job who was a man of integrity and shunned evil.  Satan reminded the LORD he couldn’t hurt Job, but that a man will protect his own skin.  So Satan asked for Job’s skin and bones and the LORD said yes, but not his life.  Wow!  Satan when straight from the presence of the LORD to smite Job with boils from his head to his toes.  Unimaginable suffering he had planned for Job, just to prove Job would not keep his integrity toward the LORD.

               Job scraped his sores and sat in an ash pile, and rebuked his wife by saying, “Shall be receive good from the hand of the LORD and not evil?”  Job’s friends from three different countries communicated with each other upon hearing about Job’s great sufferings they rent their own garments and lifted their voices and wept for him. They came to Job and sat with him for 7 days and nights without saying a word.  What amazing friends to have. 

My Thoughts:  How much of our struggles and trials are actually the LORD allowing us to be tested to show our faith and bring the LORD glory?  The LORD God offered Job as an example of a righteous man that held his integrity and did not speak evil against God.  So when I suffer physically than I must turn that over to the LORD and trust that He knows all about my suffering and He is watching my response toward Him.  Will I walk by faith and not speak evil? 

1 comment:

BG said...

Job was and honorable man in God's sight. It makes me think of the verse in James about counting it all joy when you fall into trials because it works in you perseverance. What a remarkable man Job was praising God in his bodily pain and suffering great loss of family, instead of like some of us wallowing in our sorrow. God knew who would stand strong.