Saturday, January 4, 2020

LOST AND HOPEFULLY FOUND INSPIRATION

January 4, 2020 - Saturday

Over the past 4 years or so I have lost my creative inspiration except for a few months I was into Junk Journals.  They are almost any type of journal you buy or make.  My favorite was cheap notebooks like Composition Notebooks, or making my own with scrap paper and either machine sewing the binding seams or using used cards and also sewing t journals and sews them together.
     Today I watched a You Tuber who makes her own and are much more detailed than mine.  Her title caught my eye because also liked to buy 'found' materials at the thrift store.  Here is her YouTube channel Wandeka From Jamaica.  
     I was inspired enough that I smeared paint on a few pages, and glued in a few things.  Trust me, that is saying a lot for me this past couple of years.  I even looked at some hand sewing blogs.  Another area I gave up completely....but I'm looking at some ideas like sewing some small projects.  I can't say I will do it, but I'm looking~  
Here are a few of my older pictures of my art:  (I'm reminding myself I can create something.)







*******************************************************************************


Image may contain: one or more people and text

The quote by TobyMac is so good.  First it reminds me of the study I have started on the book of JOB.  I can see the faith that Job had in whatever happened to him.  Job knew that God was ultimately in control.  For any of you that don’t know, last Fall TobyMac’s  oldest son Truett died unexpectedly. Toby is a Christian singer who sings about the Hope in Christ, and here was a very difficult experience he and his family have gone through, yet he has stood firm that God is a good God, and there is still hope in Christ alone.  
*******************************************************************************

Praying God Blesses each of you this year 2020!
Cathy

1 comment:

BG said...

I loved watching your creativity doing Junk Journals.