Friday, September 2, 2016

Nice Day

My friend Brenda did this for me.
I was challenged to take the first part of the sentence and write something.

Today was a simple and quiet day here at home~  I need these kind of days on a regular basis.  I got very little accomplished other than some phone chatting and knitting on my youngest granddaughter's toddler basket weave afghan I've been working on.  I am about 3/4th done now! 

Hopefully tomorrow I will locate my camera and start adding pictures to this blog.  I've always enjoyed taking pictures as my family can attest.  LOL  I hope to take pictures of nature too.  Love those. 

At 4pm we had a guy come out to check for leaks on our 2 year old house roof because it has been leaking when it rains over the master bathroom tub.  When we had the roof put on the company that put it on was a big one in Cincinnati, and don't you know, they had to file bankruptcy shortly afterwards.  This guy came and walked the roof and found a hole in the shingles where a tree branch had puncture through the roof!  He fixed all the places he saw and chalked around the vents and things up on the roof.  I think it took him a total of 10 minutes and it cost us $125.00!!!   Whoa....but we can relax now when it rains.  Now Don will have to paint the bathroom ceiling with Kilz paint to cover up the water staining.  That is a big relief to have this project done!

I took a nice 1.5 hour nap and when I got up we went out grocery shopping and took my mother in law some things she has been needing.  Had dinner at Arby's and then home to put everything away~  Don't we live an exciting life??!!!  LOL  We love it!

Tomorrow I hope to answer #2 question I asked yesterday....2.  The importance of keeping the house clean.  Now that is a real topic I know most of us are interested in!!!!!  I'm cracking myself up here! 

Don and I are watching a 2 part episode of Rockford Files!  We love these old shows.  Rockford, Matlock and Columbo. 

PLEASE KEEP everyone in the path of these Hurricane's on the east coast and in Hawaii in your prayers tonight and this weekend! 

Thank you for all your emails and comments here.  You are such a huge encouragement to me!

MUCH LOVE and HUGS,
Cathy

3 comments:

BG said...

I love your thoughts on the thousand eyes. If we would really think about these things and contemplate God in these thoughts...our world would be better. I am so thankful your roof is fixed and the repair work is minimal! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Glad the roof is fixed!

Unknown said...

I really like the statement your friend Brenda created for you. Says so much to my heart.