Thursday, September 1, 2016

SMILE!!! Hugs~

A NEW BEGINNING
I woke up on Sunday morning with thoughts of this blog, and kind of excited to think of things to share and to explore for myself.  Having the blog gave me something to think about right away.  That was nice. 

YESTERDAY's ACTIVITIES
Then I remembered I had my granddaughter Katiegrace over and I would get up and be with her.  She had gotten up a little earlier than me and was watching TV.  I let the grand kids watch their movies or TV shows as much as they want, because I know that is special for them.  At home they are limited, as they should be, and have other chores and things to do.  So I got up, we had big bowls of watermelon for breakfast, and just enjoyed each others activities.  Mine was the Internet, like FB and emails and You Tube.  I really should have started my blog post then, but put it off.  Almost felt a bit of stage freight!  LOL  Silly I know~

In the afternoon we went to Tom (Katiegrace's next door neighbor who had moved to another neighborhood) open house get together for all the old neighbors to come and see the new house.  Poor man is so homesick for not only his old house, but for all the old neighbors which have turned into family for him.  Sometimes we don't understand how good we have it until it is gone.  But it was a nice visit, and was very glad to see Tom again~

*********************************************************************
OKAY...Today is Thursday afternoon!  As you see I didn't keep up with my writing~
Yesterday Don (my husband) said, I haven't seen any more blog posts from you other than the first one.  I said, I know, I haven't been too busy, too tired, or too apprehensive to write one!  He told me to just say that....communicate something each day!  WOW....What a smart hubby I have!!! 

SO....here is my new commitment to myself, and to you!  I will try to write something daily, even if it is a simple HI and I'm to out of it to write much more! 

TODAY'S ACTIVITIES

Today I am doing much better because I FINALLY had a good night's sleep last night!  Yay for sleeping!!!  LOL 

My goals today were to clean the kitchen, clean off the dining room table and move it from where it was and into the dining room, and to do all the laundry and get it all put away!  Well....I have accomplished my goals, or I am in the process of finishing them up....like the laundry!  And here I am doing another one, which is writing! 

MUSING
The past couple of days I have thought of so many topics I'd love to write about and explore! 
1.  The importance of a Smile before we die.
2.  The importance of keeping the house clean.
3.  My new sewing goals.
4.  Why life is actually very simple!
5.  What must I do to be happy~
6.  Why prayer is the key to loving God.
etc.

So many topics! 

I'll share why I came up with #1..The importance of a Smile!
This past week a dear friend's uncle passed away unexpectedly.  He was only 56 and was getting ready for work when he had a massive heart attack and died before the ambulance got him to the hospital.  His name was Craig. 

Craig was a Christian and was very much loved by his wife and family and friends.  I had heard lots about Craig over the years from my daughter Donna and her friend Elizabeth who was his niece.  When my kids where little and I'd go to Elizabeth and her sister or brother's birthday parties I'd see Craig there.  But that was many years ago and I had only seen him once about 6/7 years ago when he married Elizabeth and her husband! 

Then about 2 months ago we ran into Craig at a restaurant, and he said he remembered me, and smiled and was very friendly in our little chat!  Well, when I heard he passed away, I remembered his smile!!!  His smile was warm, without walls being up or any other agenda.  It was just a nice, warm and friendly smile!  Craig was also a lay minister and many other things in his life, of which didn't really touch my life, but what did was his smile!!!  Now, even though he is gone from us for a time, HIS SMILE LIVES ON IN MY HEART AND MEMORY!!! 

So I was thinking about the importance of a SMILE!  Let us give out smiles freely and without reservations!  Let us smile at strangers, people we barely know, and especially let our smile be what our spouses, family and friends remember!!!!  SMILE and LET SMILES be our love language!!! 

LOVE others!  SMILE to all!!!

HUGS TO ALL!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad is smart!

I enjoyed your thoughts on the importance of a smile before you die, here's mine:

Some people enter this life to a world which does not want them. Parents who didn't want them, grandparents who are burdened to raise them, tax payers who see them as a leach on society, teachers who are frustrated with them....not celebrated, barely tolerated. I wish it weren't so, but for some it is.

When you come across someone with a scowl on their face, they may likely be mirroring the faces they see every day. Return a kind smile for their scowl. Yours may be the first genuine smile they've ever received. They may not know how to respond, do it anyway.

A smile is one of the most spectacular gifts you can give, and it's free!

BG said...

Such a lovely post in tribute of your friend, Craig. We should all remember this because some day it may be our turn to be that smile for someone else to remember. Love this musing and blessing today!

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this posting. I liked the list of topics and can't wait to see what you have to write about each one. The first one is one of my favorites! I had several positions over the years and most of them involved answering the phone. I had heard when I was young to always put on a smile before you answer the phone because it can be heard in your voice.
Sorry to hear about Craig's passing at such an early age. You're so right you can take his smile with you in your heart and in your memories I love smiling at people when I'm out in public and hoping they will return that smile. You never know you just may make someone's day a much better one.
God bless you my friend